The Worcester Journal

  • 16 Jan 2012
  • Newspaper Surveys
  • Back
By 1725, the old title of Worcester Postman, was changed to that of the Worcester Journal, and the imprint, which had been simply 'Printed by S.Bryan' and the date, became 'Printed by Stephen Bryan'. In 1730, the name became the Weekly Worcester Journal. In March 1748, Stephen Bryan disposed of the journal and printing materials to Harvey Berrow, who removed the business to Goose Lane, No 68 (now St.Swithun's Street). Bryan died in the following June.