The manor house of Timberdine, a half-timbered building erected by the Mitton's over 300 years ago, lies almost opposite the Ketch Inn. The building today is partially late 19th century, and has been converted into a restaurant. The ancient priory manor had been a key position at the battle of Worcester, extending from Duck Brook as far as the Ketch Ford. Here Joseph Berwick founder of the first Worcester bank, planned to build a residence and to convert all between the Tewkesbury Road to the Severn into a park, with a lake fed by Duck Brook and a waterfall for outlet. Below it, where the stream flows through a copse, he built a lovely ornamental stone bridge which became known as Berwick's Bridge, In the 'Worcester Miscellany' (1831) Edward Lees describes the area as 'covered with plantations' and known as 'Berwick's Shrubberies', its wooded walks greatly appreciated by the citizens of Worcester. In Victorian times the neighbourhood remained completely rural, a place of remarkable beauty, but Berwick's house - was never built. He stayed at Hallow Park and ended his days there.
The high ground of Timberdine overlooked the river has been known for many years as Bunn's Hill. It was at this point that Cromwell built his bridge of boats which contributed so largely to his victory over the Royalists in 1651: and it was under the cover of guns planted on the summit, it that his forces crossed and made their vital attack to break the Highlanders on the banks of the Teme at Powick