None were destroyed or removed after the 1651 battle. Foregate was the first to go in 1702-3. Sidbury Gate in 1768, and St. Martin's in 1787. At or near St. Martin's Gate was a small postern gate called Clap-Gate, a name given to that area well into the 20th century.
Willis Bund believed that all the Gates were built about the same date (late 14c), and the tradition that the French burnt Worcester is true; the gates being built when the City was being rebuilt.
The Foregate was like Michael gate at York. St Martin's had three gates and two towers, and Sidbury Gate was also large and probably had a guard house.