Charles II and the King's Arm's Ombersley

The King's Arm's is a very old, half-timbered inn, dating from the early 17th century, with parts going back further to the 15th.

The name undoubtedly comes from the memorable occasion when King Charles ll, on his flight from the disastrous Battle of Worcester, stopped to pause a while, and have some refreshments. This memory is kept alive by a fine plaster ceiling displaying the Royal Arms, and until about 1914, by the inn keeping an annual Oak Apple Day Celebration at the inn.