One of the earliest inns mentioned is the 'Hospice de la Trump' at Worcester in 1473. It later became the Trumpet, and then the Angel. It stood at Knowll's End, the corner of Sidbury and Edgar Street, and its successor, the Angel Hotel, stood on the same site until c1960. In 1517, it is recorded, 'Abbot de Bordesley p' Hospicio Angeli in alto vico Wig o', ijs vid (the Abbot of Bordesley, for the Angel Inn, Worcester, 2s. 6d. per annum). He obviously had lodgings reserved at the Angel, whenever in Worcester.