The Blanquets

  • 15 Jan 2012
  • Worcester People and Places
  • Back
The area west of Bilford Road belonged to the Blanket family until the close of the Wars of the Roses, when for five generations it was in possession of the Freres. After the late Elizabethan period it passed through several hands, but around 1820, it was owned by the well-known family of Stallard, when it was much improved. The growth of the City to the north inevitably overwhelmed this suburban beauty spot. In the 19th century the name got 'Frenchified' from Blankets to Blanquets.