The Guild of the Holy Trinity had its religious origins in St.Nicholas parish, and the Hall of the Guilds fell into the hands of the Clothier's Company at the suppression of the religious bodies in the reign of Henry Vlll. It contained a number of large rooms, which were assigned to the trading companies, according to their importance. The main hall of the building was probably the largest meeting place in the City. It was a lofty and spacious room, with a dais at one end, having seats, and a canopy over the central seat.
The Corporation once entertained the Bishop of Worcester there in the reign of Elizabeth. The guilds used to meet there on St.Stephen's day, and at least from 1672, for more than a century, they held their business meetings there. During that period the building was let to players and showmen, and the Hall was used for Assize and Sessions.
When the Clothiers declined, the Trinity Hall ceased to be of much use to the Companies and the use of an inn was prefered. Eventually, in 1796, the Hall was sold by the Clothiers for £185 to Mr.Tymbs, a member of the Corporation. It was then partially demolished, the remainder being used as a furniture store and a schoolroom. The fittings were considerable and fetched far more than the price given for the hall when they were sold in London. The final demolition was completed with the widening of St.Swithin's Street, and the cutting of the Trinity roadway.
Mr.Freame, a cabinet maker, had his workshops in the Trinity Hall, and in his day, he was as eminent locally, as Chippendale, Hepplewhite and Sheraton in a wider sphere, and probably turned out as good work as they did. In the 1860's, his name was sufficient hallmark for many miles around Worcester.