W.E.Tucker was a printer of some distinction. It was he who built the large works in Barbourne, (Northwick Avenue), which was later occupied by R.J.Collins, and later by Messrs Kay.Co. he died in 1935, aged 88.
In 1860, at the age of 13, he was apprenticed to Mr. George Williams, printer and stationer of Foregate St., Worcester, and founder of the George Williams Press Ltd. In 'The Autobiography of a Printer', he told of the day when he worked for three shillings a week, and was once hauled before a magistrate for being more than five minutes late. As a punishment he was put in the binding department, and there he made good. He moved to London, joined the staff of the Colliery Guardian, and later entered into partnership. Eventually, he started in business on his own as W.E.Tucker & Co. He spent a huge sum of money on the printing works in Barbourne, which through no fault of his own, proved a failure, and was sold up. Bricks and mortar alone cast £17,600, and the whole property was knocked down for £3,000. In his business deals, he was associated with Ar. Allsopp. He became a member of Hazel, Watson & Viney, the Aylesbury printers. In the City, he was a deacon of Angel St. Church and a City Councillor, and was the first man to flood light the Cathedral. At his death, he was a Freeman of the City.