From October 11, 1753, the title became Berrow's Worcester Journal. Harvey Berrow carried on the Journal until his death on August 16th, 1776, when his eldest son, also Harvey Berrow, continued the publication, but not for long.
By 1725, the old title of Worcester Postman, was changed to that of the Worcester Journal, and the imprint, which had been simply 'Printed by S.Bryan' and the date, became 'Printed by Stephen Bryan'. In 1730, the name became the Weekly Worcester Journal
Stephen Bryan served his apprenticeship in London, taking up his freedom on June 3rd, 1706. He had a press in Worcester by 1709 for in that year he printed a sermon by E.Chandler, and began publishing his Worcester Postman.
It has been argued that even before 1709 Worcester had a newspaper. Local Historians, Dr.Nash and Valentine Green, both linked the Worcester newspaper with the period following the Glorious Revolution which deposed James 11.